Discuss The Simpsons ™ Tapped Out

Not a Game Update v2

Postby spAnser » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Discussion for my blog post here: http://tstonews.com/not-a-game-update-v2/

spAnser
Admin

Re: Not a Game Update v2

Postby LetsPlayNintendoITA » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:51 pm

looks like a really nice idea my friend!
it'll still have email notifications right? =)
LetsPlayNintendoITA

Postby spAnser » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:03 pm

LetsPlayNintendoITA wrote:looks like a really nice idea my friend!
it'll still have email notifications right? =)

I want it to yes but I need to figure out the best way for that. Usually doing it yourself can stress the server a little but paying for a 3rd party on a website like this just doesn't make any sense either I have to see what kind of solutions there are or if there is a simple php script that would handle a mailing list.

spAnser
Admin

Postby marcinsmith » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Really like the page and look forward to seeing the new one. I recently too dabbled into changing my whole site to have a wordpress installed. Took a week but totally worth it. Still sone work to do but there will always be. Let me know if i can help in any way. I dont know much php but willing to always help anywhere I can.
marcinsmith

Postby spAnser » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:52 pm

marcinsmith wrote:Really like the page and look forward to seeing the new one. I recently too dabbled into changing my whole site to have a wordpress installed. Took a week but totally worth it. Still sone work to do but there will always be. Let me know if i can help in any way. I dont know much php but willing to always help anywhere I can.

Thanks for the offer but I prefer to keep code most of this myself. The main reason it is taking so long is I am trying to optimize the code as much as possible and create something that can be easily updated / reused in multiple places.

Just finished some work on the Crafting Detection Script to also include crafting materials now.

spAnser
Admin

Postby marcinsmith » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:01 pm

I totally understand. I also messaged u awhile back regarding adding all photos to the mod that are missing. I know work is busy for u. Not sure what it entails but Im always up to the challenge.
marcinsmith

Postby TSTODonutLover » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:41 am

Looks great! Can't wait to see it in action!
TSTODonutLover