Website Seem Slow?

Discuss The Simpsons ™ Tapped Out

Website Seem Slow?

Postby spAnser » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:41 am

I have been very busy doing things outside of the TSTO universe because EA wasn't even really keeping updates for their game rolling. They have also been keeping everything hidden lately not just the major updates. On top of all that either my site is getting more traffic than it can handle or something else is wrong because it is constantly running slow or trying to do so much I have to restart it. I did some changes and in the last day it seems to be back to normal for now at least. I usually check the forums daily but lately there are times where it has no posts for a day or two. Probably because of the site being slow and unresponsive lately.

I added bridges to TOSE and will be picking up on working on features for it again. I had just lost interest for a while with EA trying to hide everything and what not. It has 750+ towns uploaded to it so obviously the community uses it.

Let me know if the site is running better since I made the changes yesterday would really help me out. To know when things are going wrong :)

spAnser
Admin

Re: Website Seem Slow?

Postby MissGrafin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:29 pm

I've tried to log in a few times, and gotten sime sort of strange error rather than the main page.

I've not noticed it running slow, or lagging. I seem to get on, or it's crashed and I give it a try later.

I do see a lot of 'new' members, but posting does seem to be hit and miss. I log in about 2-3 times a day, minimum, and sometimes there is a lot of new material, other times a lot of people showing as online, but not a single post!

Overall, seems to be running smoothly now!

Check out my SpringFeild - http://www.tsto.me/s/MissGrafin
And my KrustyLand - https://tsto.me/k/MissGrafin

MissGrafin

Postby minky » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:01 am

I am still having problems with it SpAnser.
I can log in but then when I try to go to my towns it spins for a long time before I finally get to my list. Then I click on one of my towns and it spins and spins some more. I want to update my towns but so far I can't get past the spinning. Maybe a lot of traffic?

https://tsto.me/s/sfdsquid
minky

Postby PrisenColi » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:54 pm

I can get past the spinning. But I have no idea, how to update my town. I guess, there should be a link/button for updating - i tried using IE, firefox, chrome, but all made me feel blind :-(
PrisenColi

Postby spAnser » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 am

PrisenColi wrote:I can get past the spinning. But I have no idea, how to update my town. I guess, there should be a link/button for updating - i tried using IE, firefox, chrome, but all made me feel blind :-(

You click the blue + button same as adding our town and just login with the same info it will know you want to update it and won't add it a second time.

spAnser
Admin

Postby Snakeyees » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:06 pm

The site where we upload our town it has been very slow 3-5 minutes for the town to come up then 3-5 minutes to get to the account page just in order to hit the + sign. not sure if its on my end. this morning i got a database error said something along the lines of the database not found.
Snakeyees

Postby PrisenColi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:13 pm

spAnser wrote:
PrisenColi wrote:I can get past the spinning. But I have no idea, how to update my town. I guess, there should be a link/button for updating - i tried using IE, firefox, chrome, but all made me feel blind :-(

You click the blue + button same as adding our town and just login with the same info it will know you want to update it and won't add it a second time.

Yesterday I didn't come up with the idea to first tap on my login name. Now I could find the magic blue +. Works great, special thanks for that.
PrisenColi

Postby dha12oks » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:33 am

Website still is slow :( 1n1 isn't a good host, are you running through dedi for website, or just their actual web hosting services?

On another note, keep receiving gate way timeout error :(
dha12oks

Postby spAnser » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 pm

dha12oks wrote:Website still is slow :( 1n1 isn't a good host, are you running through dedi for website, or just their actual web hosting services?

On another note, keep receiving gate way timeout error :(

I am on a VPS from Linode 1n1 is just the domain host.

I did some changes to the wordpress install to cache pages properly. I think it is MySQL that is causing most of the issues during heavy load. I also upgraded to the next tier from linode today. We will see how this goes. Today's outage was because of the Easter Update though. I get files early then my website explodes with traffic.

spAnser
Admin

Postby Diverrob » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:09 am

Load times are much improved when loading tsto.me now.
Diverrob

Next