Explain my Avatar

Check out any contests that might be going on

Re: Explain my Avatar

Postby spAnser » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:01 am

williamstutton wrote:Nice one missGrafin. Ive wondered about that avatar before haha

I wasn't expecting the first person to see it to figure it out so quickly. I guess we will have a. "Courthouse" themed contest next maybe ?

spAnser
Admin

Postby MissGrafin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:46 am

I usually recognize posters by their avatar, as it is something that grabs my attention as I scroll. I've seen spAnser's around quite a bit, and to be honest, never really put much though to it. Not really sure what made my mind click into a cypher, as they're not really something I've ever really been into.

I just stared at it until something clicked. I really didn't even start comparing the things we do know about him to see if there was any correlation; until I thought what if the bars are a code for a word? Then I counted out letters to numbers on my fingers, then looking at relative spacing and fractions to see if I could get one possible letter. Then I looked at the pattern of the bars and though of about 4/5 different words before I realized it was his username. My first word I thought about was could it have been was his real name? Which I do not know. Second was Tapped Out related, Third was something computer related, which then I was thinking about computer programming, which things like binary, which got me thinking about ones and zeros and how each letter is represented by a length of ones and zeros. I forget what else I wandered off to thinking anout until I went back to fractions and looking at the bar lengths and tried ratios. 'A' was the first letter I got, because the line is so tiny, 'N' was next, because it was half the hight of the total space (approximately), but only really got 'N' because half of 26 is 13 and that would have been 'M'. So I had _ _ a m _ _ _. Then I looked at other bars and realized two where the same, and longer than 'M' but not much, so it had to be a close letter. I moved 'M' around a bit, back a few, forward a few, then when I saw 'A' 'N' after looking at the two lines of the same length, I glanced at his username and realised 'S' was close to 'N', and the value of 'S' being 19, and there being only 5 spaces between 'N' and 'S'.. The rest just fell into place and I hoped I was not out in space and seeing something that wasn't, or a massive coincidence.

Anyhow, enough rambling from me... I might also want to go to bed, it's late here and a tired mind usually brings out the random in me.

A courthouse themed contest would definitely be interesting! I look forward to seeing other contests, it's definitely an interesting concept and could go a lot of interesting places!

Check out my SpringFeild - http://www.tsto.me/s/MissGrafin
And my KrustyLand - https://tsto.me/k/MissGrafin

MissGrafin

Postby Waterbear » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:08 pm

MissGrafin wrote:
spAnser wrote:She is right actually

Cool beans B)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well Done Ms Turing!
Waterbear

Postby Batmanfan67 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Wow - all I see is the CISCO logo :o

Batmanfan67

Postby MissGrafin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:04 am

Lol.

Big difference. Cisco's logo is meant to represent two planes, a suspension bridge, the top of two telephone poles or the lines of communication. Simple, yet amazing imagery from a few lines. It's sizing, and position os set the way it is for two reasons. One, to look heavy and show that the company can hold it's weight, and two, to represent the major form of data transmission, light and in waves (which also is seen in the design, which could be interpreted as a sign wave.)

The coloured version also has significant meaning.

Cisco, being a communications/networking company with the motto 'the world-wide network' uses simple suggestion to tell you what their product is about.

Check out my SpringFeild - http://www.tsto.me/s/MissGrafin
And my KrustyLand - https://tsto.me/k/MissGrafin

MissGrafin

Postby Skyrim-Mrp » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:21 pm

:lol: I wouldn't of got that. I was thinking of some sound bar or somthing :lol:

Skyrim-Mrp

Previous